Friday, August 31, 2012

Gees Bend

These are very interesting quilts, I have only just discovered them! I had seen this quilt on Pottery Barn some time ago but I didn't realise it was  a copy of one of the quilts. Stunning!

 They are made from scraps as quilts were done years ago, from a small community that live in a bend in the Alabama river. There are many different types, they all tell a story, so there are wonky seams and no perfect straight lines, which make a very artistic result... there's hope for me yet :)







Now I am thinking I would love to make one !

I am linking up with
Knotted Cotton - slow bloggers,
and
Coastal Charm for the Nifty Thrifty Tuesday!

Have a great day !

4 comments:

gilly said...

What a lovely find - it's gorgeous! I love wonky-ness in a quilt, it adds to its uniqueness don't you think? I say, go for it!
xx

Marigold Jam said...

I once went to an exhibition of Amish quilts and was pleased to see that they weren't perfect either - after all only God is capable of perfection I understand! I think a little wonkiness only adds to the quirkiness and makes a quilt unique. Who knows maybe even I could make a wonky quilt!!!

Lynne said...

They have a certain charm about them, don't they?

Catherine said...

Aren't they amazing?! Thanks for linking up:-)