Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pinterest and other linkys

A while back I did a post here on a quilt that I love. It was made from a pattern that was featured on Moda Bake Shop, by Roslyn Mirrington of Bloom, a very talented woman who has been featured in our Aussie mags. Its on my bed as it is my favourite one by far. So fast forward a couple of years and Moda are having a pinterest comp  in which you can pin a quilt from their patterns, and have a chance at winning fabric yay!! so I thought I would rehash this one as it is a gorgeous quilt - not cause i havent done any others!
I've just signed up to Pinterest, so its all new to me, I have only looked at other pins before. Not sure if I love it, but here I go anyway!

 Its called Sweet Menagerie, the fabric was Tula Pink's Hushabye. 
 I just call it my Bloom quilt!






It was made with a couple of jelly rolls, my fav pre cut, and a simple nine patch design 
it could work with loads of pretty fabrics.

Here is another one that is sort of similar

Its called Salt air crossings
I love the fabric she chose, lovely brights

I hope you are having a good week and I am praying for rain as our tropical paradise will turn to desert without some water soon.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

I love how similar designs (or even the same design) can look completely different in different fabrics!

Helsie said...

I can see why you love it . I much prefer your to the other both in design and the fabrics chosen.... quilting is all about the fabrics you choose isn't it?
Cheers
PS. We are bone dry and brown here too. No rain for us yesterday.

gilly said...

LOVE your Bloom quilt - such pretty fabrics. Jellyrolls are my favourite too!
xx

Mara said...

Hello, I repined your quilt, but I wanted to let you know that you need to put a # symbol in front of moda bake shop, good luck in the giveaway.